We all now a healthy diet can also result in healthy skin, but do we really know the things that are super beneficial for just our skin? Fruits are a number one go to for me, and honestly fruits provide more benefits than most foods do. Don’t believe me? Read on about my top 6 fruit choices!
- Bananas This is probably my favorite fruits of all time. Now we know it’s a good source of iron, magnesium and potassium and helps reduce menstrual cramps, but the effects bananas have on skin too is not something that should be ignored. Bananas are rich in vitamin A, B and E and hence works as an anti-aging agent. A fresh mashed banana facial can do wonders for your skin.
- Lemons Lemon juice is an important ingredient in most recipes. This is also a fruit of all seasons and almost always finds place on your kitchen shelf or refrigerator at some point. With its vitamin C content, its juice will keep your skin beautiful. A glass of warm water with a tsp of honey and a dash of lemon juice on an empty stomach every morning is a great skin cleanser. With its astringent properties, it can be used to lighten the skin tone and also diminish acne scars. Rub the inside of a lemon peel on your elbow remove dark spots. Mix lemon and honey and use it as a natural bleach on your skin.
- Apples An apple a day keeps the doctor away is cliched, but its health benefits are undisputable. Apple’s antioxidant property prevents cell and tissue damage. Studies have shown that apples contain pretty hefty amounts of elastin and collagen that help keep the skin looking young! Applying a mixture of mashed apple, honey, rose water and oatmeal can act as a great exfoliating mask on your skin.
- Oranges Rich in vitamin C that improves skin texture. Like apples, oranges contain collagen that slows skin aging process. Rub the insides of orange on your skin to tighten the skin. Oranges can be dried and powdered and used as a natural scrub. Like lemons, oranges too help clear skin blemishes.
- Papaya Even though I am not a huge papaya fan,the benefits of this fruit on skin have perhaps been talked about since the time of our ancestors. Papayas are rich in antioxidants and contain a special enzyme called papain that can kill dead cells and cure skin impurities. A glass of papaya milk or just applying the flesh of papaya on your skin can do wonders for you.
- Mangos With this fruit being one of my least favorite, I can not help ignore it’s health benefits. The soft pulpy fruit has an amazing effect on skin too. Rich in vitamin-A and rich antioxidants, it fights against skin aging, regenerates skin cells and restores the elasticity of skin.